Sleep better at night knowing you’re covered.
Your home is likely your largest asset. It’s crucial to protect it well. Homeowners insurance will provide financial protection if your home or personal belongings are lost or damaged in a disaster.
What does home insurance cover?

A standard homeowners insurance policy will include four primary types of coverage: dwelling, personal property, liability, and additional living expenses. Your coverages will help you repair or replace your property if a covered peril damages it. Your insurance will also protect you legally if someone is injured on your property.

Dwelling protection will help cover the cost to repair/rebuild the structure of your home if it’s damaged in a storm, fire, or other covered peril. Dwelling insurance can also protect your garage, deck or patio, and detached structures like sheds.

Personal property insurance is coverage for your personal belongings, like clothing, furniture, tools, equipment, and electronics.

Liability insurance will cover your legal responsibility for injuries or property damage that you or any of your family members cause to others.

Additional living expenses coverage will reimburse you for expenses that go above and beyond your regular living costs if you’re temporarily unable to live in your home.

Renters Insurance

If you rent your home, your landlord’s policy should cover the building itself. Protecting your personal belongings and yourself from liability claims are your responsibility. Renters insurance commonly includes coverage for personal property, liability, and additional living expenses.


How much homeowners insurance coverage do I need?

How much would it cost you to rebuild your home from the ground up and replace all of your belongings if they were destroyed? Your homeowners insurance policy should cover these costs and additional costs you’d have if you were forced to live in a hotel while your home was being rebuilt. For liability insurance, make sure you have enough coverage to protect all your assets—typically at least $300,000–$500,000. You can add an umbrella policy if you need additional coverage.

What are common covered perils?

  • Fire
  • Smoke
  • Hail
  • Windstorms
  • Lightning
  • Hurricanes
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Falling objects
  • Explosions
  • Certain types of water damage
  • Weight of ice or snow

What are standard exclusions?

  • Flooding
  • Earthquakes
  • Wear and tear
  • Home businesses

What discounts are available?

Ask us about what homeowners insurance discounts you may qualify for. Common discounts include multi-policy (for bundling home and auto), security system, loyalty, new home, fire prevention, smart home, smoke-free, claims-free, no-mortgage, HOA, new roof, and gated community.

  1. First, we’ll contact you to gather the basics: who you are and what you’re looking for.
  2. Next, we’ll set up a Discovery Meeting—over the phone, via video, or in person—where we’ll get to know you better. We’ll ask about your goals and the assets you’d like to protect, so we have a good idea of where to pull the best quotes. 
  3. After that meeting, we’ll do some research to gather everything we need to put together a great proposal for you.
  4. We’ll send you your proposal, likely through email, presenting the information to you in a video format.
  5. If you’re happy with what you see, we’ll be in business!